Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Description

One example of visual description is my voting sticker. I chose this image as it describes the act of voting. I saw people at Best Buy, Plaza Art Supplies, and my polling place with this sticker--we all had one thing in common...we voted. As a naturalized American citizen I take pride in being able to vote in any and all elections. I won't tell you who I voted for, but I will let you know I voted. The sticker is a simplistic, yet effective description of the voting process. The American flag symbolizes pride in our nation and what it stands for.






2 comments:

Mike said...

Hey, that is a neat way to think about a visual description. The one that occured to me was Catholics on Ash Wednesday. I often forget when Lent is, and it's always a little startling to see someone with a black smudge on their forehead. But that one little mark can completely change the way you think about someone. "Oh, I never knew so-and-so was Catholic..."

Lydia said...

Voting gives you a sense of pride and empowerment. I like to compare it to giving blood, especially when you get the sticker afterwards. You are making a difference.